Notes are entered using an "In Line Form". Entry of a Note is done exactly the same way regardless of what type of record the Note is being added to.
There are times when you want to print the note you entered to an estimate, Invoice, Work Order, etc.
This is easily accomplished by clicking a "Print" check box next to the note you want to print. Notes that have been entered in an Invoice record will print only on that invoice when this "Print" check box is selected. Likewise notes that have been entered in a purchase order will only print on that purchase order and so on. If you need a note that was entered in an estimate to print on invoice, you must first import the note from the estimate to the invoice and then click the print check box for this note in the invoice.
Instructions are below.
Step by Step
Setting the "Print" check box in notes can be done in many places throughout the application such as Estimate, Purchase Order, Work Order, Invoice, Customer, etc. It's done exactly the same way regardless of where the note is.
For this example we will demonstrate how to set the "Print" check box in an Invoice note. We assume an invoice note is already created, if not please go to "Create New Invoice" then "Add New Note" before proceeding.
- Open an existing Invoice note from Job > Invoice > Note
- Once the invoice note you chose is open click on the "Yellow Pencil" icon to the left of this row to open and edit this line item.
- When finished, click the "Green Check Mark" icon at the left of this row to update this line item with the changes you made. Updating will close the in-line form.
- You can now see the edited line item you just created with the "Print" box checked.
- This note will now be visible to the customer when the invoice is printed. You can click "Print" in the "Action Tool Bar" to see a preview of this note on the invoice.
The Print Check Box works exactly the same way in any record throughout the application.