Notes are entered using an "In Line Form". Entry of a Note is done exactly the same way regardless of what type of record the Note is being added to.
During the process of larger jobs your notes list could get very long. This may force some notes out of your immediate view as they "stack" in a second page.
There may be some important notes that you want kept at the top of your note list so they can not be missed. This is accomplished by Pinning the note to the top of the list. When you pin a note it will stay at the top of that note list regardless of the notes priority or sort order. Pinning an important not to the top of a list in clear view can help prevent mistakes.
Step by Step
Pinning a note is done exactly the same way regardless of where the note is, ie: estimate, invoice, work order, etc.
For this example we will demonstrate how to "Pin" a note in an Invoice. We assume an invoice note is already created, if not please go to "Create New Invoice" then "Add New Note" before proceeding.
- Open an existing Invoice note from Job > Invoice > Note
- Once the invoice note you chose is open click on the "Yellow Pencil" icon to the left of this row to open and edit this line item.
- The inline form is now open.
- Find the column labeled "Pin" and click the "Check Box" in that column.
- When finished, click the "Green Check Mark" icon at the left of this row to update this line item with the changes you made. Updating will close the in-line form.
- You can now see the edited line item you just created with the "Pin" box checked.
- This note will now be "Pinned to the top of the list above any other "Priority" or "Sort" order. Each time the note tab is clicked in this record, this note will be in clear view at the top of the list.
The "Pin" check box works exactly the same way in any record throughout the application.