Materials are entered using an "In Line Form". Entry of an materialis done exactly the same regardless of what type of record the materialis being added to.
Step by Step
Materials can be added to an estimate, RFQ, work order, invoice or to preset items. Entry of a material is done exactly the same way regardless of where it is added. For this example we will demonstrate how to enter a material to an Invoice. We assume an invoice is already created, if not please go to "Create New Invoice" first.
- Open an existing Invoice from Job > Invoice List
- Once the invoice is open click on the "Invoice Material" tab.
- With the Invoice Material tab open click the "New Material" button in the action tool bar at the top right.
- An "In Line Entry" from will open.
- Within the in line entry form, click on the "Enter Group Name" button and add a group name of the material you are about to add such as, Kitchen, 1st Floor, Exterior, etc.
- Next, Click in the "Description" field below the "Group Name" and enter a description of the material such as "Cabinet", "Faucet" or "Caulk", etc... You can enter anything you want.
- Enter a part number if needed.
- Enter the quantity.
- Choose the "Unit Of Measure" from the drop down box.
- You can enter a cost with a markup. Your default markup from "My Account > Options" may be automatically entered for you. You can change it here if needed.
- Now the "Price" and "Total Price" are calculated for you. However you can make a manual entry in these fields and the system will automatically adjust the previous fields for you.
- When finished, click the "Blue Save Disk" icon at the left of this row. Saving will close the in-line form.
- You can now see the new line item you just created.
Enter common materials you use often into "Preset Items > Materials" When you enter them here you only have to enter them once. Then, you can reuse them often without having to type them again by just importing them to your estimate, work order, or invoice with a few clicks. This is a real time saver.