MyOnlineToolbox has two versions of its platform software, a Basic Subscription and a Premium Subscription. The Basic Subscription has a Free (Limited Use) version and a Paid (Unlimited Use) Version. The Premium Subscription only has a Paid Version. The traditional path of usage is to start with the Free Basic Subscription, then upgrade to the Paid Basic Subscription and then possibly upgrade to the Paid Premium Subscription.
Our goal is simple, to provide
- An easy method to get comfortable trying MyOnlineToolbox with real business data using the Free Limited Use Basic Subscription. The Limited Use is restricted to a certain amount of transactions as promoted on our website, subject to change at anytime
- A powerful entry level system that allows a small contractor to run basic business processes using the Paid Basic Subscription. The only difference between the Free Basic Subscription and the Paid Basic Subscription is that the Paid Basic Subscription has no limitations to the amount of transactions that can be processed during the Subscription Period.
- Small and Mid-sized contractors an easy method to have more features using the Paid Premium Subscription
- Availability to downgrade back when business conditions change or for no other reason than you just want to downgrade
Can I try the Basic Subscription without paying? Yes, and we encourage it. The Free Basic Limited Use Subscription is 100% identical to the Paid Basic Subscription. You can try it for Free, then upgrade once you hit the transaction limit. No data is lost during the upgrade process from the Free Basic Subscription and the Paid Basic Subscription.
Can I get a refund for the Paid Basic Subscription? No, the payment is non-refundable under all circumstances. Payments are not pro-rated if you ask to discontinue access to the Paid Basic Subscription, even if such request occurs on the very day of subscribing to the Paid Basic Subscription. One of the reasons that payments are non-refundable is that we give you enough time to try and use the Basic features for Free, and by the time you have reached the transaction limit, you will either be receiving value to continue or you will not, even if it is just for one more transaction.
Can I try the Premium Subscription without paying? No, you must pay at least the one month non-refundable Paid Premium Subscription. You can pay for longer periods of time for a discount, and that too is non-refundable. We do allow you to learn about Premium features as is discussed further down this page.
Can I get a refund for the Premium Subscription? No, the payment is non-refundable under all circumstances. One of the reasons that payments are non-refundable is that you can use so many of the Basic Subscription features for Free or for a minimal fee. If you wish to try the Premium Subscription but are unsure, then you can pay for one month and simply downgrade to the Basic Subscription on your own before the subscription period is up. You will not lose any of your data by downgrading and you simply will give up features that are associated to the Premium Subscription. Another reason has to do with support topics that we provide Premium Subscribers. An initial financial commitment demonstrates the interest of a potential premium user. There are initial services that we provide Premium Subscribers that are generally not provided to Basic Subscribers. We have had circumstances where people like to try our Premium Subscription simply to learn about new ways to enhance their own internal systems or even assist our competitors in various ways. Either way, the payment is not refundable when you indicate shortly afterwards that you are not interested in the Premium Subscription and am staying with another system.
So all payments are non-refundable? Yes, whether it is for the Basic or Premium Subscriptions, all payments are non-refundable and are not pro-rated even if you ask to discontinue your Subscription on the very day of subscribing. If paying a non-refundable upfront fee is a concern, please read to learn about the specific topics associated to the Basic or Premium Subscriptions before paying. .
When using the Basic Version, how do I know what features are part of the Premium Subscription?
It is simple since all we do is deny access to the feature. The Basic Subscription is a subset of the Premium Subscription. For example, you may see something like the following (subject to change)
And when you "Click here to learn more" you may see somthing similar to the following (subject to change)
Can I learn a little more about the Premium Subscription Features before upgrading?
Yes, by reviewing the Premium Features Summary. All premium features will be documented to clearly represent what they do and how to do it. While most Basic Version features have user guides, there will always be an extra effort on the Premium (Paid) Subscription features since these take users of MyOnlineToolbox to the next level of productivity. Many Basic features are so intuitive that they require limited guidance. You will also see that the Premium features are also intuitive, but we feel a more thorough visual understanding will help you quickly maximize what you are paying for.
How does MyOnlineToolbox make decisions to decide what is in the Basic Subscription and in the Premium Subscription?
The vast majority of business ideas come from our community. We send out surveys, sometimes to a select group and sometimes to the entire user community. While we realize that many people want as many things as possible for free or a reduced price, we know you know that is not practical, especially in a business solution. We look at items in a combination of factors to decide what will be part of the Basic Subscription and what will only be accessible in the Premium Subscription.
- Is there a way for a smaller company to get by without the feature? For example, if you purchased blank estimate forms from any store, then you will need to write the information over and over again for jobs that are similar. So we are emulating this and allow you to manually create documents in our Basic Subscription. But if you wish to have templates to re-use for repetitive (or similarly repetitive) Estimates, Work Orders and Invoices, then that is an efficiency gain in your normal business and therefore will be part of the Premium Subscription.
- Is there an increased chance for customer service support being required? While we all like to say that our software is easy to use (which we do believe is true), there are eventually going to be situations where a simple question comes up, and that usually comes with advanced features. For example, there are times where a company is not used to managing their company from a financial perspective and then a user may have a question pertaining to the results of their own data. There is nothing wrong with the report but yet the user is looking for further elaboration until they become comfortable.
- We feel that the cost for research and development, plus competitive differences simply warrants us including it in the Premium Subscription.
When does Premium Subscriptions take precedence over the Basic Subscription?
The main precedence is towards an incoming customer service request. Customers using the Premium Subscriptions get priority in our replies over those using the Basic Subscription. Customers using the Paid Basic Subscription get priority in our replies over those using the Free Basic Subscription. Fixing "bugs" is based on our impact analysis since Premium Subscription users are also using the same Basic Subscription features and therefore we just weigh impact of each issue regardless if it is isolated to just the Premium Subscription features. We realize that the Basic Subscription will have more users than the Premium Subscription so our goal is to delicately balance getting started, maintaining a company and growing a company and ensuring we offer value every step of the way.