Expenses are edited using an "In Line Form". Editing an expense is done exactly the same regardless of what type of record the expense is being edited in.
Step by Step
For this example we will demonstrate how to edit an Expense in an Invoice. We assume an invoice and the expense have already been created, if not please go to "Create New Invoice" then to Adding New Expenses before proceeding.
- Open an existing Invoice expense from Job > Invoice > Invoice Expense
- To open the invoice expense, click on the "Yellow Pencil" icon on the left side of the expense in the row you want to edit.
- The in-line form is now open.
- You can now add, change, or replace any text in the open in line form.
- When finished, click the "Green Check Mark" icon at the left of this row to update this line item with the changes you made. Updating will close the in-line form and the edit is complete.
- You can now see the edited line item you just changed.
Editing any "In Line Form" is identical throughout the MyOnlineToolbox application.