Expenses are entered using an "In Line Form". Entry of an expense is done exactly the same regardless of what type of record the expense is being added to.
Step by Step
Expenses can be added to an estimate, RFQ, work order, invoice or to preset items. Entry of an expense is done exactly the same way regardless of where it is added. For this example we will demonstrate how to enter a expense to an Invoice. We assume an invoice is already created, if not please go to "Create New Invoice" before proceeding.
- Open an existing Invoice from Job > Invoice List
- Once the invoice you chose is open click on the "Invoice Expense" tab.
- With the Invoice Expense tab open, click the "New Expense" button in the action tool bar at the top right.
- An "In Line Entry" form will open.
- Within the in line entry form, click on the "Enter Group Name" button and add a group name of the expense you are about to add such as, Kitchen, 1st Floor, Equipment, etc.
- Next, Click in the "Description" field below the "Group Name" and enter a description of the expense such as "Permit Fees", "Dumpster Rental" or "Travel Charges", etc... You can enter anything you want.
- Now click in the "Amount" box and enter the dollar amount of the expense. You do not need to use the "$" dollar sign.
- When finished, click the "Blue Save Disk" icon at the left of this row. Saving will close the in-line form.
- You can now see the new line item you just created.
Enter common expenses you use often into "Preset Items > Expenses" When you enter them here you only have to enter them once. Then, you can reuse them often without having to type them again by just importing them to your estimate, work order, or invoice with just a few clicks. This is a real time saver.