MyOnlineToolbox is an Internet-based business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) application that allows contractors in repair and remodeling to manage front and back office processes. We help contractors find work, manage work, and get paid faster.
There are many ways to communicate with your customer via the MyOnlineToolbox platform. The oldest method is via faxing, then comes printing and mailing, and more recently came emailing.
Our newest feature allows you to easily collaborate with your customers and take emailing to the next level.
Here is how it works:
- You, the contractor creates an estimate (proposal) or an invoice just like normal and the checkbox is marked to Display to your Customer. See Quick Tips about the Display Checkbox.
- Instead of emailing a document (or printing and mailing, or even faxing it), you send an electronic alert to your customer to start collaborating. See Quick Tips about the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in.
- Collaboration starts just like the fowarding of an email, except the customer gets a professional message including a link to access your information (in most cases starting with an estimate or proposal)
- Your customer can print the information as a document just like they have been able to do before. However, now they make notes to ask you questions or just approve the information. Your company will automatically get an alert that the customer has sent you a message or an approval
- All the customer notes are automatically uploaded into your Job Message History
- Whenever you make new notes for the customer, the customer will automatically get an alert that guides him back to the platform to review your notes and reply back.
- When the customer approves the estimate, the customer's notes are automatically uploaded and the status of the Job is switch to Approved
- If the customer does not approve the estimate and requests a revision, you can easily send a new estimate and the customer can easily compare the new estimate versus the original to make a decision
- The same functionality exists for invoicing
All communications always indicate that you are still available to talk with your contact information, and you are also providing a more efficient way to leave messages and ensure all communications are well documented for both contractor and customer to see.
Even if the check box to Display this Estimate is unchecked, it is automatically checked when the Share icon is selected. Display this Invoice works the same way.
Upon the first use of the Customer Job Interface, the customer will be guided to install the Microsoft Silverlight plugin. You can see exactly what your customer will see to install Silverlight by clicking here.
Microsoft and Silverlight are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.