MyOnlineToolbox™ is an Internet-based business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-consumer (B2C) application that allows contractors in repair and remodeling to manage front and back office processes. We help contractors find work, manage work, and get paid faster. Our Business-to-Consumer feature allows you to easily collaborate with your contractor which takes emailing to the next level.
Here is how it works:
- Your contractor creates a document (either an estimated proposal or invoice)
- Then your contractor starts a process to make reviews and approvals more convenient
- You, the customer, gets a message including a link to access your Job Information (in most cases starting with an estimated proposal or an invoice if work was done on the spot without an estimate). See Quick Tips about the Microsoft Silverlight plug-in.
- You can print the documents. However, you can now make notes to ask the contractor questions or just approve the document. The contractor automatically gets an alert from your actions
- All your notes are automatically uploaded into the contractor's Job history
- If you do not approve the estimate and request a revision, the contractor can send a new estimate for you to easily compare to make a decision
- The same functionality exists for invoicing
All communications provide contact information to verbally talk to your contractor, but this method provides a more efficient way to leave messages and ensure all communications are well documented for both contractor and customer to see. Your contractor is making it more efficient for you to communicate with them while they are on the road, or when you wish to communicate during non-business hours, or you just prefer through the Internet as opposed to telephone.
SPECIAL NOTE to subcontractors: Contractors also communicate to sub-contractors and this functionality is not for that purpose. Please go to your GC (General Contractor) if you wish to collaborate using our Business-to-Business collaboration features. This section you are reviewing is for Business-to-Consumer collaboration.
Upon the first use of the Customer Job Interface, you may be guided to install the Microsoft Silverlight plugin that looks like the following.
This plug-in is one of the most advanced browser features released by Microsoft enabling MyOnlineToolbox to give you a really easy interface to work with you. All you need to do is follow the above instructions which will then bring you to screens that look like the following:
Upon choosing the Click to Install above, the following will appear
Then you will choose Run and the following will appear
Choosing Run will finish the installation.
Microsoft and Silverlight are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation.